Seite 3 von 4 ErsteErste 1234 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 21 bis 30 von 38

Thema: IDLE CUT beim Warthog

SA-10-Ausweicher Avatar von Sambite
    Beitrags - Danke / Gefällt

AW: IDLE CUT beim Warthog

Moinsen,

wisst ihr zufällig, was für eine ID die MFDs haben?
    in meiner DeviceSorting.txt stehen nur die Warthogeinträge drin...

Danke vorab!
    MfG (2)

CAT-III-Dogfighter Avatar von hoover

Das sollte sich über "dxdiag" rausfinden lassen, ich glaube, das hat Kolbe in seinem Key File Generator beschrieben:

dxdiag.png

SA-10-Ausweicher Avatar von Sambite

wo finde ich das denn??
    habe zwar in den DOC den Key File Generator gefunden, aber ich habe ja ein Warthog profilwelches auch funktioniert...nur in der Devicesorting.txt fehelen die MFDs??
    MfG (2)

Hast du mal versucht, die devicesorting.txt wegzumoven und sie von BMS neu anlegen zu lassen?

ich habe für die mfds unter win7 nichtmal Treiber installieren müssen, die liefen out of the box.

Uwe

Tower-Tussi-Dater Avatar von Kolbe

BMS erkennt alle angeschlossenen Input-Geräte automatisch.
    Überprüfe mal, ob Windows die Devices erkennt.
    Falls nein, abklemmen, Treiber deinstallieren, Neustart. Wieder anklemmen. Ohne Treiber. Die brauchst du nicht.
    Falls ja.
    Doof.
    Dann muss ich mal gucken, ob man da noch so kurzfristig was machen kann.
    Gruß

Kolbe

KI-Pilot

Erledigt - Fehler gefunden !
    Geändert von Boomer (20. January 2017 um 18:45 Uhr)

Hallo Jungs, eventuell gibt es doch noch Hoffnung für die Nicht-TARGET-Nutzer unter uns, die den WT als 2 separate DX-only-Devices betreiben. Ich hatte gestern nochmal im BMS-Forum nachgefragt und diese Antworten bekommen (sorry für den paste, Kolbe hat scheinbar seinen Account nicht mehr):

Ich:

Hi folks,

I'm a bit confused about how to enable IDLE DETENT on the WT throttle in DX mode (stick and throttle as two separate devices, no TARGET).

When I check the controller setup screen in BMS, the WT throttle sometimes reports Button 61 and then again button 62 when I lift and move the throttle over the detent, sometimes depending on the direction (forward / backward) of the throttle movement.

I've enabled IDLE DETENT in the bms config hardware section, but no matter what I do and what position the throttle is in during a RAMP, the engine always spins up automatically once JFS2 has brought RPM up to 20%.

I'd be most grateful on ideas and tips on how to change this behaviour (I'd like to set up the throttle in the idle detent position before entering 3d and then have BMS require me lifting it "over the hump" and register that as the IDLE DETENT button in order to spin up the engines beyond 20% RPM).

2nd question: I'm a bit confused when it comes to the paddle switch. Currently it's mapped to "wheel brakes: hold", but I seem to recall that while in the air, the paddle switch can / could be used as "Auto pilot override".

Looking at the key file, I see the SimAPOverride being set to button 259 which sounds like paddle & pinky (pinky is my DX shift button), but the override doesn't seem to work no matter if I shift the paddle or not.

Thanks very much in advance for any ideas & all the best,

Uwe
    Antwort von l3crusader:

Morphine experimented with assigning the Idle Detent callback on DX buttons, with no luck.

I'd say the only way is with a TARGET script or code support.

Additional idea : build a small extension of the physical idle detent in the warthog, a bit like the AB detent is made.

EDIT : actually, it looks like it is doable as of now, but with a caveat, let me explain.
    The DX button is in a pressed state whenever the Warthog throttle is in OFF.

The callback starts/stops the engine whenever the axis value is below 10%.

BUT : triggering the callback whenever the DX button is pressed does not work. Because then, with the detent in OFF, you start the engine at the first frame, then you shut it down at the second, then you restart it at the third, etc.
    What you need is a way to trigger the callback only when the DX button changes values. Fortunately, that is doable with something like this :
    Code:
    SimSelectMRMOverride 59 -2 -2 0 0x0 0 "Throttle Warthog : DOGFIGHT Switch - MRM Override"
    SimDeselectOverride 59 -2 -2 0x42 0x0 0 "TQS: DOGFIGHT Switch - MRM/DF Cancel"
    See keyfile manual in your install, Docs folder, for the full information on that (search for 0x42)

If you replace SimSelectMRMOverride and SimDeselectOverride by SimThrottleIdleCutoff, and the DX button by the correct value* you are all set : it will only be called when the DX button changes values, aka when the throttle is passed from OFF to IDLE and from IDLE to OFF.

HOWEVER : when you enter the sim in 3D, the throttle need to be in the correct state.
    -> If you start at ramp with the engine off, no problem, but you need to make sure the throttle is in OFF when you start the JFS.
    -> If you start in flight, you need to make sure that the throttle is not in OFF. Because if you move the throttle out of OFF, you will actually kill your engine.

That could be solved by dedicated callbacks "SimThrottleIdleDetentBack" and "SimThrottleIdleDetentForward" so as to differentiate between the 2 states... hum.

*(taking into accound the fact that button N in DX is represented as button N-1 in keyfiles)
    Daraufhin gabs dann noch eine Antwort:
    Originally Posted by Frederf
    Just applying the SimIdleDetent to the ILDELON button will only work for turning the engine off because the transit from off-idle and idle-on measures the throttle axis position at the moment of idle button press to determine behavior. The airplane throttle will only transit from off to idle when the axis value is >X% (X ~66%). That obviously won't be the case for the Warthog because the button is released while the axis is still at 0%, too low to instigate the transit. To get the throttle to transit from off to idle you need the button to be released at the same time that the axis is at a high value, a physical impossibility.

Actually no. The condition on the callback is to be below 10% of the axis value.

However, you do need to "wake" the axis to make sure it is registered. At ramp, that means moving the throttle back and forth before putting battery power so as to make sure you can see it move.

Mir ist jetzt allerdings nicht klar, ob man den Schalter über DX für beides (engine an und engine aus) nutzen kann... ich halte euch auf dem Laufenden.

Den Original-Thread findet ihr hier:

https://www.bmsforum.org/forum/showt...-paddle-switch

VG Uwe
    V

Gorilla-Angriff-Überlebender Avatar von Ghostrider

Ich meine Dunk hätte mal erwähnt das man die "Schalter" Funktion mittels tauschen eines Flags in der Config ändern muss da der Schleter beim vorschiebn auf OFF geht, oder umgekehrt, weiß das auch nicht mehr so genau..........habe das aber auch noch nicht eingebaut um zu verhindern das ich das Triebwerk im Flug kille

Du weisst aber nicht zufällig, welches Flag das sein könnte? Meint er eventuell den Haken in der BMS config neben Hardware --> Idle Cutoff?

CAT-III-Dogfighter Avatar von Hannibal

Das Triebwerk im Flug killen ist quasi unmöglich.
    Dafür hat man ja die mechanische Sperre im Throttle.

Der von hoover genannte Haken ist ganz sicher dabei. Denn der aktiviert erst die Funktion. Egal ob Button- oder Achsen-Methode.
    Ich weiß aber nicht, ob hier ein zusätzliches Flag gemeint sein könnte.

Manche hängen ihre Fahnen in den erstbesten Wind.
    Doch die Liebe beweist sich erst, wenn der Wind zunimmt.
    [Thees Uhlmann]