Hello anduril,

I now had the time to review the tape I made during our FoF. Well, it took quite the path I expected it, but that doesn't bother me. I expected to face the 52+ CFT, so that's no surprise for me. It's been fun nevertheless.
Please excuse me leaving before the end briefing, I have to get up at 5 o'clock in the morning, so I need to get some sleep before that. Usually I go to bed around 2200, anything later pays off the next morning.
Well, our battleplan was to egress when out of slammers and pull you into the patriots WEZ with that what worked out to some degree. But you did not face any losses with the patriot although it was shut down in a very late phase of the engagement and there were plenty of you pretty much inside the patriots WEZ, fighting it out with Cuca and Fieters who still had some slammers left.
So, I reviewed the tape to find out what we did wrong. Well, I faced quite a surprise. Everyone was involved in air battles, except one F-16C flown by anesnik. He flew in a straight line towards the patriot, 35 miles out and was not involved in air battles although he had two of our guys directly in front. He was the perfect target for the patriot which fired 9 missiles on him. He dodged them all, 6 of those while flying a straight (and not very fast) line, about angels 25. He saw the first patriot coming, made a split-s and dodged it. Ok, this might work out although I still wonder how he managed to see it. But 6 others just passed him. Two missiles were outmanoeuvered with a move that would have ended in a sure kill by the patriot.
The patriot couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in this engagement. My tape ended with the patriot still up firing the 10th missile on him. I was egressing to an alternate due to being out of slammers and very low on fuel. It's the second half of two big tapes throughout the whole engagement.
I just couldn't believe that and made a test (with invulvnerability on so one can see the effects in one single tape), reflying similar airspeeds and altitudes. It is possible to defend a patriot, but almost impossible if you don't use external views.
He even didn't use chaffs to defeat the missile.
TAPE_FoF_eHAF_2.zip
TAPE_Patriot_test.zip
The Pk of the patriot differs from 0 to >90% from one tape to another, although the second one is flown far more aggressive.

I don't want to be a bad looser. But reviewing this tape, I found no other reasonable explanation than a very bad one and a not so bad one. The not so bad one is that there were problems with the server which I want to believe now. There are multiple indications that there was something wrong with the server like some lags and the late updating in the 2D map.
Maybe someone (anesnik?) forgot to put his bandwidth in?

I think we should get a smaller group together next time and/ or make some tests before starting the next FoF. Maybe in a COMAO?
Unfortunately, none of us has the bandwidth to host a 20+ TE. In Germany, the internet isn't that fast, especially the upload sucks in many areas. Plus, a lot of us live in rather small villages where the internet often isn't the best.
Do you guys fly at Falcon Online? We are flying on the blue side in the current BfB, maybe we can get a few flights together?

Best regards,
Tobias